Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

So...haven't posted in a long time. I don't really have anything planned, I just wanted to get one last post in before 2011.

Training is going well. I've been squatting every day recently. I started about 2 weeks ago, then missed a few days because I got sick, and also had stuff to do for Christmas. I've hit 280 pounds on the squat, as well as 265 on parallel box squats, and 240 today on ATG back squats. I haven't been able to push the bench press past 200, but I hit 200 on close-grip yesterday, so I should be able to top that with my competition grip next session. My last deadlift max was 350 about 2 weeks ago. I've been doing speed work since then, today I pulled with chains it felt pretty good (once I got the setup right, lol). I'll keep these in, as my lockout has always been a weak point, though I think that some of that is a grip issue. I bought some grippers, so I can keep working on grip, since I'm not maxing on the deadlift.

So, I'm going to keep pushing hard for the next 2 1/2 weeks, trying to max on the squat every day, followed by either max bench or speed deads. Right now, I'm just squatting maxes, then getting out, no extra volume other than speed work, or I'll do some volume with no max, loosely following Christian Thibadeau's perfect rep principles, if I'm coming back to the gym from an off day. I don't plan on having any of those from now until my meet. I have a 10 day de-load plan, outlined by John Broz on a forum post, to prepare for the CPF Battle of Montreal on January 29th.

My new year's resolution: post more, ahaha. I'll have more training details in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment