Monday, July 18, 2011

Mobile Blog #1

It's been a long time since I posted last. I've been busy, and a little distracted. I just downloaded the Blogger Android app. Hopefully that will help me keep up with the blog, even if it's just small posts here or there.
I've been playing baseball since May. It's the first time in 8 years. I've picked the skills back up pretty quickly. I had some elbow pain when I first started, but that's been much better lately.
Yesterday I started San Shou class at my kung fu club. Today I'm in pain. We started with break-falls and some takedown drills, before we got in to some sparring. It was a good class, the mix of students works well for me. There were a couple guys with more experience than me, one around my size, one smaller, and 1 guy who's a bit less skilled than me. I traded punches with the first 2 guys, the fights were pretty close, but I definitely got the worst of it. The first guy (bigger guy) wasn't punching too much, but he did stop most of my takedown attempts and turned them around to take me down, 1 time pretty hard.
Weight training has taken a back seat for a bit, and probably will for the next little while. I'm still following high performance mass principles, though I'm not getting in the volume, or frequency. I get 1 back and biceps workout per week. Lower body is power snatch, front and back squats. For upper body pressing I'm sticking to a mix of barbell and kettlebell overhead presses, and will do that as long as my shoulders feel good, I need to be careful while I'm playing baseball. So, this turned out to be pretty thorough blog, and it's not too bad typing on my phone (touch screen). I'll be back with more soon.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Always like reading what you write. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete